In an industry with no licensing and a questionable reputation, don’t forget to do your homework. Here are a few tips to help you select a roofer:
– Request a copy of the roofer’s Liability Insurance
– Request a copy of the Workers Comp Certificate
– Check to be certain that the roofing company you choose is a Licensed Contractor and if the job will be done by the contractor or a sub-contractor
– Check with suppliers on the financial stability of the roofer you are considering
– Compare the base price of different roofing materials, e.g. asphalt shingles, slate tiles, metal roofing.
– Ask to see projects your roofer has completed in your area and talk to the homeowners
– Consult with your roofer about which material would be best for your roof. If possible, try to secure a warranty or even a guarantee on the work
– Check with the Better Business Bureau to make sure you find the right contractor for youThe better due diligence investigation that you do initially, the better partnership you will establish with your roofer.